ZOBO DRINK AND ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
Wondering if zobo is truly a big deal?
Yes, zobo drink is, keep scrolling as we shed light on how important this household drink is to families.
The hibiscus flower, known in Hausa as “zobo,” is particularly nutritious, and the drink made from boiling
hibiscus leaves are nutritious, pleasant, and popular among Nigerians.
It’s accessible all year and may be found in a variety of places, as well as being sold by a variety of people.
It’s also quite simple to make. It has a delightful, fresh flavor, and it comes from West Africa. It also offers a long
list of health benefits.
Health Benefits of Zobo
- It is very nutritious: Zobo drink is a very nutritious drink and it is cheap. Regular intake of this drink can fight nutritional deficiencies and prevent malnutrition. Some vital nutrients provided by zobo drink are carotenes, vitamin C, thiamine, calcium, fat, iron, fiber, phosphorous, riboflavin, and niacin. This drink strengthens the immune system and improves your overall health.
It boosts Healthy Eyes: Carotene is present in zobo leaves, the the body converts this nutrient into vitamin A. vitamin A keeps the eyes healthy, boosts clear and healthy visions, and prevents eye problems like night blindness. A combination of vitamin A and C strengthens immunity and guards against eye problems and also prevents eye problems caused by aging.
- It Guards Against Kidney Problems: Doctors recommend zobo drink for patients with kidney disease and other kidney problems. It contains vital organic acids like citric acid, acetic acid, tartaric acids, and maleic acid; all these acids help the kidneys function properly. They help the kidney eliminate uric acid and oxalic acid, are the two main causes of kidney stones and this, in turn can lead to kidney damage and failure if not treated properly. It also eliminates other wastes from the kidneys and body. Don’t add sugar or artificial sweeteners when taking zobo for the health of your kidneys.
- It Boosts the Levels of your Energy: Vitamin B2 or riboflavin present in zobo leaves increase the levels of energy and fight fatigue and mild cases of chronic fatigue syndrome. This vitamin plays a role in energy metabolism and thereby increases the levels of energy in the body.
- It Boosts Appetite: Fiber, carotene, iron, calcium, and other important nutrients found in the hibiscus flower increase appetite; it fights the loss of appetite and other eating disorders. It boosts digestion and prevents digestive issues that can affect appetite. It fights worms and bacteria in the gut and digestive system because it has antibacterial properties.
- It Boosts a Healthy Nervous System: Thiamine or vitamin B1 present in zobo drink helps build and maintain a healthy nervous system. It also supports the
muscles of the heart and improves cardiovascular functions. It protects the nervous system and promotes healthy hairs, mouth, liver, and eyes. Due to the high content of vitamin C in zobo drinks can fight colds and coughs. It fights inflammation and kills bacteria and this helps treat colds and coughs.
It has a cooling effect that can help reduce high body temperature and relieve fever.
- It Strengthens the Bones: Calcium is found in large amounts in zobo leaves, this helps to strengthen the bones and teeth and guard against osteoporosis and other bone problems. Calcium also benefits the heart and muscles; it helps them function properly. It prevents diseases of the teeth and bones.
There are numerous health benefits to taking zobo, including increased fertility, cancer prevention, and immunity
A simple method for making Zobo DrinksI understand if you’re thinking about how difficult and time-consuming it would be to make the Zobo drink from the leaves.
You’re in luck! There is a much easier and healthier option available.
THE ZOBO POWDER!
Yes, the Zobo powder is the same as the zobo leaves, but it has been pounded into a powder form to speed up the preparation process.
All you have to do now is add water to the powdered zobo and you’ve got yourself a drink.
Where Can I get healthy Zobo in Nigeria?Green Baskit sells healthy zobo (zobo drink or powdered form). We are Nigeria’s No. 1 Most Healthy Snack Store Online and your go-to brand in Lagos and Nigeria if you want to enjoy clean, healthy, and delicious zobo drinks.
We also sell zobo powder in bulk quantities. Our wholesale pricing is recommended for individuals hosting or planning parties and ceremonies, for offices, and lastly for true wholesalers that buy and sell zobo in large quantities.