No products in the cart.
Top 5 Healthy Breakfast Ideas For Your Kids
Sometimes, trying to get your kids out of bed every morning can be a challenge, especially when they love sleeping a lot. But trying to get them to eat breakfast and prepare for school or the day is another work routine parents have to deal with.
And almost whenever you try to get them to eat something before school, it becomes another challenge because you have to prepare something quickly that will still taste good.
Well, we’ve got you covered on this Mom.
Ensure your kids enjoy their most important meal of the day with these easy and delicious breakfast ideas that will save your time and workload during those rush-hour mornings.
1. Yam and Egg Sauce
Egg sauce and boiled yam is one of the major breakfast in Nigeria or better still, weekend breakfast. This energetic meal can be eaten not only as breakfast – but can also be eaten at any time of the day. Egg sauce is a very simple sauce that can be prepared within 20 minutes and all you just need is egg and tomatoes to make this delicious breakfast meal happen.
2. Oatmeal and Raisins
Oatmeal is another food you should consider when thinking of healthy and easy breakfast ideas for kids. This convenient dish is super-fast to make and contains just enough protein to help your child grow well. Besides that, you can also add butter, milk and other mixes to make it creamy delicious. For growing kids, raisins are the perfect additives because of their chewy nature. A combination of Oatmeal and Raisins takes less than 7 minutes and is very easy to prepare.
3. Spaghetti and Bacon
If there’s any food that kids never get tired of eating is pasta. Whether it is spaghetti, noodles or macaroni, children love it. No surprise it is on the list of our easy breakfast ideas for kids. You can make this quick breakfast with bacon within minutes and have your kids thanking you for a breakfast well-done!
You can try our Coconut bacon variations here
4. Cookies and Bars
Cookies have automatic kid appeal, but they’re also super-nutritious, easy to take along, and just takes a breeze to prepare for your kid’s breakfast. Mix with tea or low-fat yoghurts or smoothies and your kiddos are ready to go.
You can enjoy the fullness of flavour that our healthy coconut cookies offer for your kids as they eat breakfast.
Swap crunchy junk snacks (you know the ones that are practically air) for nuts and seeds to deliver a healthful combo of fibre, protein and healthy fats. Nuts and Seeds are a safe choice and a good way to get important nutrition for your little ones, even in the rush of breakfast. You can choose to offer nuts alone or with dried fruit or a mix of other fruits.
Some Questions You Might Be Asking:
Is breakfast really that important?
You might have heard the old saying that, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day.” Although our busy minds may gloss over that fact, but doctors and educators still show that a nutritious breakfast is important, especially for your kids.
Breakfasts supplies the energy they need for a busy school day. A healthy breakfast provides your kids with crucial nutrients for proper physical and mental development.
It can also be essential for maintaining a healthy body weight, which may protect children against future risks of obesity, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.
Get it now?
Don’t skip breakfast, Mom!
How do we get our kids to eat a healthy breakfast?
Now that we know a healthy breakfast really is important, here are 6 suggestions to help us make it happen for our kids:
- Include these 3 major components: grains, fruit, and dairy. Focus on whole grains and low- or non-fat milk or yoghurt for the dairy.
- Prepare breakfast early: Saving time always helps us in serving a nutritious meal (or any meal!). One of the best techniques is preparing breakfast food early.
- Involve your children: Let your kids help plan the meals–getting them involved should increase their interest in eating healthy. If your kids are old enough to help with breakfast itself, put items on the lower shelves in the refrigerator or cupboard so that they can get things without your help.
- Focus on your kids’ preferences: While we may want to expand their options, busy mornings are typically not the best time for these battles! Work within healthy options. For example, if they don’t like cashew nuts, just allow them to choose their favourite type of nuts and make a smoothie the night before with fruits that they like.
It will end in happy healthy eating at last.
5. Experiment: Figure out what works best for each member of your family. But as we mentioned in Tip #4 – you probably have to wait to do this on weekends or holidays, when you have more time to work through any resistance.
6. Check the availability of school breakfasts:
More and more schools are now offering a healthy breakfast program. Check if your children’s schools are one of them. And if you sign your kids up for their school’s breakfast, make sure they’re not suddenly eating two breakfasts! LOL.
Can we really make a difference getting our kids to eat healthy food?
Although healthy living starts with parents and teachers, the kids’ excitement quickly starts when we make healthy eating fun for them. And this what we care about at Green Baskit. We’re supporting you to make sure your kids also care about nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
Changing the routine of our kids’ diet can initially feel overwhelming, especially with our already overpacked schedules, you’ll be surprised how quickly using these tips will make a real difference in kick-starting your kids’ day for the better.
Try it, Mom!
Are there any other healthy breakfast tips you use with your kids? Share with us!