Chia seeds may be small, but they’re incredibly rich in nutrients, they are super versatile and easy to add to your favorite dishes.
Origin and History of Chia seedsWe know you expect us to name a state in Nigeria where Chia originated from or the local tribe in Nigeria. Chia Seeds originated from central Mexico and are imported into Nigeria. They are also found in South Africa (Cape Town) produced by a company called ‘seeds for Africa’
What do Chia seeds taste like?When you eat Chia seeds you taste the mild nutty flavour that makes it easier to compliment both sweet and savory dishes, it has this crunchy texture.
Health Benefits Of Chia seedsChia seeds are what you can call small but mighty, though tiny they have a lot of health benefits and it serves well as a variety of snack compliment. It works well with a variety of combinations.
- Help with heart diseases They have healthy fats which help diseases such as high blood pressure and heart failure. They are also high in plant protein, making them a great source for vegetarian meals.
- Improve cholesterol levels Chia seeds are one of those foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. They can help to reduce your risk of coronary artery disease and improve cholesterol levels.
- Strengthen bones Calcium, manganese, and magnesium are the most vital minerals for strong bones, and chia seeds have all that. Adding a spoon of chia seeds to your child’s meal can help strengthen their bones. This will also help with the development of the brain.
- Chia seeds increase your energy levels due to the carbohydrate present in chia seeds which have a slow conversion rate and fuel the body longer.
- Support weight loss The fiber and protein in chia seeds may benefit those trying to lose weight. One ounce (28 grams) of chia seeds has close to 10 grams of dietary fiber. That means they’re a whopping 35% fiber by weight. Most of the fiber in chia seeds is soluble fiber. It absorbs water, becomes gel-like, and expands in your stomach to slow your digestion and help you feel full after a meal
What are the best ways to eat Chia seeds?There are several excellent ways to eat chia seeds, don’t eat them dry except on salads
- Spread on salads
- Add to smoothies
- Add to oats
- Use chia seeds instead of eggs while baking
- Mix with pancakes
- Mix with cereals, cookies, and homemade lemonade
- Mix with water and lemon while working out.
Where to buy Chia Seeds in Lagos/Nigeria?Buy from Green Baskit. We are Nigeria’s No.1 Most Healthy Snack store online and your go-to brand if you want to eat well preserved, healthy, and crunchy Chia seeds in Lagos and Nigeria. We sell Chia seeds in wholesales too. We recommend our wholesale prices for families who want to buy in bulk to keep and to wholesalers who buy and sell Chia seeds in bulk. Place an order now to sparkle your tastebuds!
How to store Chia seeds and how long does it last?When opened all you need to do is to move them into a sealed container (airtight). They can also be stored in the fridge.
- The chia seeds last 2-4 years
- The Chia meal lasts for 2-4 weeks